Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thirty...and One

Well happy birthday to me. Tonight while I sleep my biological clock will tick forward to 31 years of age. Normally, I get pretty depressed on my birthday, well maybe just grumpy, but this birthday I don't really feel that way. I feel like its a good birthday - like I can't believe I've made it this far and have produced so much. I have accomplished some too, but not as much as I want. I have made with my wife the most wonderful boy in Banks. He truly is a miracle and I believe his success is my biggest success.

My birthday also marks a milestone of putting the last 3 years of turmoil behind us and gives our family a fresh start to again pursue happiness together. I take 31 and reaffirm to myself all that I want to accomplish in life for my family. It truly has become about us and not me and it is an incredible transformation. Everything I want I now want for my son, my wife and myself, and it is an unbelievable feeling.

So cheers to me at 31 - a great birthday, milestone and launching point for the days and years ahead. For all that I will acheive in my 30s and all that I will provide for my family, and most importantly the experiences that I will share with the people I treasure the most.

31 is a good number and no matter what 2007 brings I will know that I have been blessed.

No comments: