Monday, January 22, 2007

Drive Thru Follies

Oh, the joy of living in Southern California where our ethnic diversity is a blessing. I went to Del Taco for an unexpected morning snack and sat in the drive through lane watching a lady in front of me repeat her order 4 or 5 times becoming increasingly agitated before pulling up to the window. Once at the window this rotund ball of fire was handed a drink, apparently the wrong drink, got her money back, tossed the soda on the drive through counter and sped off.

I guess it would help if the guy at the drive through could actually speak and understand English. Maybe just understand? I'm not being biggoted here, I think that anyone that can fulfill the basic duties of the job should have the right to work, but come on, putting someone who can't speak English on the drive through during the morning crunch is insanity.

The poor guy was so rattled that by the time I got to the window my order was, of course, wrong. I had to correct him as he was putting it together from what I could see of his operation (no, that was a Diet Coke). And I had to remind him 1) that I needed to pay (seriously, he gave me the food and then looked at me with a blank stare), 2) for hot sauce and 3) for napkins.

Finally he said $5.88 as my total and I gave him $20. I received $14.52 in change. Thank you Del Taco and God Bless America!

2 comments:

Grimmus Brown said...

racist

Morgan said...

racist because i don't speak spanish?