Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Lack of Patience

I suffer from a major lack of patience. I go from calm to infuriated in about .5 seconds. Since January 1st I have made it my goal to be more patient and a nicer person. So far I think its worked but I can feel it wearing off. Where did my patience go? I used to have a lot of it. I used to think patience was a good thing, now I wonder if I was just being a spineless pussy. I am sure there is a balance to be struck somewhere.

I go back and forth on this. I believe my former patience was me really just putting up with a bunch of crap and bottling it all up inside. Now my lack of patience is a new found outlet and like a new instrument I'm learning how to play it.

Maybe my patience is like two tectonic plates and letting off a little steam here and there is better than one big earthquake. Or maybe I just enjoy being agitated? For now I'll keep riding the patience wagon and let you know as soon as I break my New Year resolution. The over/under is March 1st.

1 comment:

Grimmus Brown said...

i like this, and used your speech about "being real" to let Dad know that I have a blog. Maybe a bad idea??? I don't know how he'll react to my blog out him in Maine. I guess we shall see!