Monday, January 29, 2007

iTunes Annoyances

Is it just me or is iTunes infuriatingly difficult to use? Finding and organizing music is a pain in the ass. Creating playlists to group your tunes in a somewhat cohesive manner is cumbersome. So now my digital music collection is as scattered and useless as my actual one. Instead of my CD collection stolen and strewn about many different friends' apartments, I now have music on 4 computers. Of course I can't get it all on one and when I play music on my iTunes it plays either all the same artist or some jumbled uncomfortable set of music that you might here on the terrible 93.1 JACK FM. I admit my music tastes are not great, but iTunes is sending me in reverse. I now have all of the impulse buys of the catchy singles that have been released in the last few years with a few complete albums. It has made my music experience disjointed and more importantly disappointing.

I wonder if I felt the same way after I tossed my VCR and bought my first 4 DVDs; realizing that it was going to take forever to get a collection that satisfied my movie needs.

No comments: