Friday, January 19, 2007

Mad Money

I have to say, Jim Cramer got me. Jim Cramer is host of CNBC's Mad Money. This is a show where he analyzes stocks, takes phone calls on the fly in the Lightning Round and pretty much entertains you while teaching you about the stock market. His book "Mad Money Watch TV, Get Rich" is a light, easy read that really explains to you what is going on in the market and how to educate yourself on the stocks that can help you make money by investing.

Since I love learning new things Jim has inspired me to learn the stock market. My grandfather always held a lot of stock and seemed to do well with it. Since it took me 16 years to pick up golf, the sport he loves, I guess 30 to pick up stocks, the investment he loves, seems to make sense.

I have no idea what I am doing by the way. But, I'm sure I'll pick up a level of understanding enough to earn a decent return while not losing my shorts. (Is it weird that I debated using shorts or pants to end that sentence for almost a minute?) I'll keep you posted as I go...

2 comments:

Grimmus Brown said...

This has real potential for disaster. How about just putting some money into a checking account or mutual fund or something? Holy smokes. Mom still gets calls from Blockbuter in Isla Vista.

Braff said...

This is really cute guys.

Morgan, you make a post and then Graeme can come along and tell you how silly you are. He also ties in other family members.

Change the name of this blog to The Brown Family Hoedown