Sunday, February 18, 2007

When in doubt, shut up.

I haven't posted on my blog in over a week, and in an effort to keep what had been an enjoyable habit going I'm here, grinding out a post in hopes of recapturing the interest I had in everyday items that made me repeatedly up my post count throughout January and early February. I guess I've been in a bit of a funk lately, an overall general malaise that has manifested itself in muting my desire to share my everyday thoughts here. I've even said to myself numerous times since my last post "I don't even have a good idea to put up on my blog." And, several times, I've sat late at night falling asleep trying to contrive something worthwhile or interesting to post about - only to fail myself over and over again.

So, when in doubt, shut up. I find it weird that I can go through periods of mental block, like a weight sitting on my frontal lobe that keeps me from entertaining interesting thoughts of my own. Instead, I've been a recluse wrapped in others thoughts and ideas, burning through pages of different books looking for a spark of interest that would propel me to my brainstorming ways in short order. While I've read a lot of great material non has proved the able flint necessary.

I think part of it is because of this whole name thing - the gravity, or maybe in-gravity, or neither of the whole exercise has left me feeling morose and impotent; or afraid to put my rusted marketing mind to the challenge. Anyway, I'll keep grinding and thinking, trying to regain the optimism that is given to me everyday by my son and wife. To capture and manipulate that feeling on command, to regain the confidence of my own ideas is where my head will be at this week.

1 comment:

Grimmus Brown said...

i write about movies, and you write about the meaning of life and creativity. who would have guessed?

btw, Fallen two and a half-stars.