Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Dream a Dream

I re-read an essay given to me back in 2004 from one of my mentors who at the time identified in me a malaise - not unlike the current one I find myself in - with the goal of breaking me out of the funk and helping me on my way.

It did. While it is not published anywhere that I know of, it should be. One of my favorite parts of it is summed up by: "Don't be afraid to imagine your life as it would be if you achieved the greatest heights you could visualize in your mind."

What an amazingly powerful concept. To think of your life with out the burdens of self-doubt, lack of confidence and excuses that are surrounding you, like a mortgage, a family, security. To, with supreme confidence, know that your destiny in life is to live at your fullest potential doing exactly what you were meant to do, is a concept that puts goosebumps on my skin.

I know that I am destined for great things; everyone is. Whether we let the excuses and doubts stop us is individual choice. I choose not to be stopped.

No comments: