Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Positive Thinking - It's an Effort!

The mind is a creature of habit. It thrives upon the dominating thoughts fed it.

When any negative emotion presents itself in one's mind, it can be transmuted into a positive, or constructive emotion, by the simple procedure of changing one's thoughts. - Napoleon Hill
Think and Grow Rich and The Power of Positive Thinking are two of the titles that have been at the front of my library for the last few months. I try to read a few pages of Think and Grow Rich every few days before I get my day started in the office. I listen to The Power of Positive Thinking in my car on the 20-minute drive home from work. I'm on my 3rd time through the CD set.

Thinking positively in its simplest form "sure does make things easier". Stress, worry and headaches melt away when you are able to combine self-confidence with knowing you are not alone in the world (whether it be from your God, your family, or whatever you choose to believe in) and then add positive thinking to all of that. It has been a transforming power in my life. My wife would probably say its been incremental, and at some times it has, but my long term demeanor has definitely improved and I think my success as a person has improved along with it.

Thinking positive thoughts and taking pride and humbly appreciating everything you have in life is the best way that I have found to be a happier person - and that is what we are all after in this life, right? Every morning I thank the Lord for my wife, my son, my family and my health. I read my primary aim: "Provide a great life (one with love, joy, happiness and abundance) for me, my wife and my son." and I smile thinking about all that I have.

Regardless if work is tough, regardless of the unpleasantries associated with a lack of money, the inability to do certain projects that I am interested in doing because of money, I know that with a positive outlook those items will be attracted to me and I will achieve them at the time I am supposed to. I know that without those items nothing is lost as long as I have my family. For as long as I have them and their love I am the richest man in the world. It feels good to say it and know it's true.

No comments: